2/15/08

I've been tagged!

That Book Meme

I was tagged by Magellamom over at Waiting for Charlie....

Here are the rules:

1)Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)
2)Open the book to page 123.
3)Find the fifth sentence.
4)Post the next three sentences.
5)Tag 5 people.

1. Well, sitting right next to the monitor is a 2000 ASTRO owner's manual. (Why??) Let me see if it has 123 pages; if not, I'll use the Catechism of the Catholic Church (DH has been wrestling with Original Sin. Well, he was baptized decades ago, and yes, I suppose he still struggles with concupiscence, but actually he's struggling with refuting the statement: "Augustine invented Original Sin")

I digress. . .

Well, it looks like Ixnay on the Troasay. . . the highest number I found in there was "9-11" (Really. That wouldn't bode well for our vehicle, except that we've had it already for -- well, I guess almost 8 years!) (I'm learning subtraction right along with my second student.)

Having the CCC lying about nearly lacks the creativity of having an NFP book lying about in reach. If I hadn't kept strictly to the rules, I'd go out and find somethig spicier, like the Bible. . .

2. On this, I am torn; Paragraph number or page number?? I'll stick to the rules -- this is out of the paperback edition that DH found -- new -- for $3.

3/4. "In effect, in Israel those consecrated to God for a mission that he gave were anointed in his name. This was the case for kings, for priests and, in rare instances, for prophets. This had to be the case all the more so for the Messiah whom God would send to inaugurate his kingdom definitively."

I will inform you that this meme missed by hair the third sentence on page 123, which stands alone much better: "Many Christians, such as St. Joan of Arc, have died with the one word "Jesus" on their lips."

See how the book itself refutes the assumption that the CCC "lacks creativity"? Well, it may not take much license with the Faith, but it has its own, unexpected kind of poetry, doesn't it?

5. I am in the middle of reconstucting my "favorites" which McAfee kindly erased a couple of weeks ago. . .

No comments: