7/24/08

Prince of the Heavenly Host

In the opening lines of Job, we witness this exchange:


The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

He didn't say,
"I was in the public school."
"I was in the poor part of town."
"I was in the church of a religion I don't like."

He said words equivalent to what we find in the Prayer to St. Michael:

"I was prowling about the world, seeking the ruin of souls."

In other words, he said:
"I was prowling at your door, like wolf, waiting for someone to let me in."


Once you recognize this, there are some things you can do:
1. Ask our Lord and all His buddies (especially His Mom) to help you. They're like Pedro's cousins, only with a better ride. (Ezekiel 10:1-5)

"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17


2. Practice self-donation. That's a fancy, JPII way of saying "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34)


Please do this, lest your homeschool ends in disaster. St. Philip Neri, upon seeing a person suffering from sin, said, "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

No comments: