8/4/08

Fine Arts

We are currently listening to Beethoven's Wig. It's a stitch!

I got to thinking about music appreciation. We're pretty informal about it around here, but I thought I would designate certain months to a certain type of music. Painting/visual arts have a rough correspondence to the music classifications, but I am such an amateur I can't say for sure.

Jan. Gregorian Chant
Feb. Medieval(inc. St. Hildegard of Bingen) (careful that music sources aren't new agey)
Mar. Renaissance (Palestrina)
Apr. Baroque (Bach)
May American (antebellum)(Music of the American colonies is delightful)
Jun. Classical (Mozart)
Jul. Romantic (Beethoven)
Aug. American (post Civil War)
Sep. Post Romantic
Oct. 20th Century
Nov. World Music

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Bret K. said...

Don't forget to include some music geared to celebrating our proud heritage, maybe including:
"Dueling Banjos"
"Pickin' & Grinnin'"
"The Best of 'Hee Haw,' Vols. I & II"

;-)

Anonymous said...

Good post.